Hi, I’m Jimmy. I am an entrepreneur and investor in multiple Web-based media properties.
- Opportunity Zones Database: I founded OpportunityDb in 2018. OpportunityDb is a data and media company that promotes Qualified Opportunity Zone investment. As host of the Opportunity Zones Podcast, I interview the sharpest minds in the industry.
- OZ Pros: I co-founded OZ Pros in 2019. OZ Pros is an Opportunity Zone advisory service that helps form Qualified Opportunity Funds, Qualified Opportunity Zone Businesses, and raise capital for OZ deals.
- Dotmarketer: At Dotmarketer, I help small business owners improve their online presence, so they can get more customers and grow their business. Visit Dotmarketer.com to learn more about my Internet marketing consulting work.
- AudioSkills: I co-founded AudioSkills in 2015. AudioSkills published instructional media on audio engineering, offering courses in mixing, recording, music production, and mastering. Producer of the AudioSkills Podcast. AudioSkills was shut down in 2018.
- Poseidon Financial LLC: I co-founded Poseidon Financial in 2015. Poseidon was an investment data research company that authored world-class information about stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, and emerging markets. Poseidon shut down at the end of 2016. Its portfolio of sites included Dividend Reference, ETF Reference, and Fund Reference
- MonetizePros: I co-founded MonetizePros in 2013. MonetizePros offers tools and training to help website owners maximize their online revenue. After selling MonetizePros in 2015, I am no longer involved in this project.
- Best Online Universities LLC: I co-founded Best Online Universities in 2010. BOU holds a large portfolio of Web sites that help match students with college and career training programs. I continue to consult BOU and serve on its advisory board.
- ETF Database: I co-founded ETFdb.com in 2009. It remains one of the largest media companies in the exchange traded funds industry.
- Web Hosting Database: I co-founded WHdb in 2008. WHdb helps webmasters and small business owners find web hosting. I sold most of my equity in this site in 2015 and am no longer involved in managing it.
- Tip’d: I co-founded Tip’d in 2008. Tip’d was a personal finance-based social media site featuring user-generated content. Tip’d was shut down in 2012.
- Online Education Database: I co-founded OEdb in 2006. OEdb is a collection of online college degree programs. I created the original methodology used to rank online schools. After selling OEdb in 2007, I am no longer involved in this project.
- John R. Cervantes Memorial Scholarship: Honoring my late grandfather, this scholarship is awarded each spring to a graduating senior of Moline High School in Illinois.
- The Pope Blog: An unofficial blog about the Holy Father and happenings in the Vatican, co-authored by my pal Andy.
Originally from Los Angeles, I graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a BA in economics in 2004. I currently reside in Fort Worth, Texas with my wife and kids.